Championed by the BC Lung Association and the Heart and Stroke Foundation, the Clean Air Coalition is committed to reducing tobacco use and exposure to second-hand smoke. There remains much work to be done to address government complacency and counter the recruitment tactics of big tobacco. To get involved in future health advocacy campaigns, sign up for news alerts (at right).
top 5 PRIORITIES:
- Prohibit tobacco sales in pharmacies
- Advocate for smoke-free public places (including patios, parks and beaches)
- Increase smoke-free multi-unit housing options
- Reform the sale of tobacco products, particularly as they relate to youth
- Support the development of the provincial Tobacco Control Strategy
To learn more about past campaigns that have been launched over the years to reduce the harm caused by tobacco use and exposure to second-hand smoke, click here.