- 21 Jan 2022Opinion: Canada has been a laggard with respect to raising age of purchase. While national polls have consistently shown 70 to 80 per cent support for raising it, only PEI has enacted Age 21 tobacco legislation, wisely doing so for both smoking and vaping.
- 20 Sep 2019Alarming headlines and emergency-room pictures of kids hooked up to tubes and respirators because of vaping don’t appear to be having much impact on B.C. teens.
- 19 Sep 2019Health groups call for immediate federal action to protect young people from the risks of vaping products.
- 17 Sep 2019Teens at Boston Children's Hospital in the past year and 1/2 believed to be suffering from vaping-related lung illness.
- 28 Jun 2019Nothing stops second-hand smoke says B.C. Clean Air Coalition
- 27 Jun 2019Neighbourly harmony can be a struggle when Co-op no smoking policies 'grandfather' existing tenants who smokeFive years ago, St. Andrew’s Place, a Co-op rental housing community in Mission, BC, decided they wanted to become a 100% smoke-free. Members of the Co-op began by voting in favour of an amendment to existing rules, and inserting a no-smoking policy.
- 26 Jun 2019More condo owners are losing patience with the British Columbia government when it comes to smokers in strata buildings.
- 25 Jun 2019Langley mom who campaigned for tougher anti-smoking laws applauds gesture but wants more. Naomi Baker thinks it’s fine that the provincial government declared the last week in June to be “Smoke-Free Multi-Unit Housing” week, but it would be even better if the government actually did something about the issue.
- 24 Jun 2019Health advocates await government action on unwanted second-hand smoke exposure in BC multi-unit housingFollowing the BC government’s recently proclaimed Smoke-Free Multi-Unit Housing week during June 24 to 30, 2019 -- the BC Lung Association, Heart and Stroke Foundation and Canadian Cancer Society, partners in the Clean Air Coalition of BC are asking the government to exercise its power to drive progress on the issue of unwanted exposure to second-hand smoke in BC rental and owned apartments, condominiums and townhome dwellings.
- 24 Jun 2019Immediately following moving into her new Victoria, BC condo in a 17-unit strata building, Mollie Kaye began renovations. Not long after, the smell of second-hand smoke became unbearable.
|« Previous||page 1 of 8||Next »|