- 12 Dec 2018While the opioid-overdose epidemic is a major focus of concern, it is worth recalling that it is not the most important cause of addiction-related deaths in Canada or even in B.C., the epicentre of the opioid epidemic.
- 8 Dec 2018New data suggests teen smoking rates in Canada are also rising. Using data gathered in the last six months, University of Waterloo professor David Hammond found a disturbing trend in Canadian teen vaping rates. (Craig Chivers/CBC)
- 3 Dec 2018A North Vancouver high school is locking up almost all of its student bathrooms, blaming "a very serious issue" with vaping.
- 26 Nov 2018Non-smokers who had access to smoke-free restaurants, bars and workplaces had lower systolic blood pressure readings than those who lived in areas without smoke-free laws.
- 29 Aug 2018Online petition presses provincial government to toughen smoking restrictions.
- 27 Jul 2018Living in Smoke-Free Homes—Which Is Far More Common Among Higher-Income People—Improves the Odds of Quitting.
- 27 Jul 2018Toronto Community Housing intends to go smoke free in a move that will limit or prevent new tenants from smoking cigarettes — and marijuana — on its property, a spokesperson confirmed.
- 13 Jul 2018In a unanimous judgment, the Supreme Court of Canada rejected the argument of Philip Morris International that the BC government had to hand over its entire health databases with every health record of every insured person in the province.
- 11 Jul 201818-member Regina condo board tasked small research group; voters to decide on smoking ban before legalization.
- 9 Jul 2018Clearing the air of cigarette smoke in government subsidized senior buildings is a slow process, says a housing official.
|« Previous||page 1 of 3||Next »|