- 29 Jun 2015The Heart and Stroke Foundation and the B.C. Lung Association want people to know it’s legal for strata corporations to adopt a non-smoking bylaw banning smoking inside units and on balconies.
- 29 Jun 2015Andrea Sharkey's Story
“When the 1928 building was first established, people no doubt smoked freely inside and out for decades. Today it’s a whole different story. Owners are no longer as tolerant of second‐hand smoke,” said Andrea Sharkey, Strata Manager for FirstService Residential Property Management.
- 19 Jun 2015Powell River rental caretakers converting their building to 100% smoke-free starting January 1, 2016Lyndell Klassen and Paul Leblanc's Story
“People kept complaining about the smoke, so we’re going to be officially smoke-free starting January first,” started Lyndell Klassen and Paul Leblanc, caretakers for a local apartment building in Powell River.
- 17 Jun 2015Bunny Porteus's Story
“The owners were smart,” says Bunny Porteous, Senior Strata Manager for FirstService Residential Property Management. “The Strata Council took preventative action now to avoid problems later.”
- 17 Jun 2015Kim Croft's Story
Magnolia Gardens on the Park is a new condo development in Prince George. Kim Croft and her husband have taken bold steps to ensure every unit they sell is smoke-free.
- 15 Jun 2015
- 12 Jun 2015Aaron Jasper's Story
If you’re trying to sell your condo and have smoked in the home - you might have a harder time selling it, and you’re also likely to get less money from the sale, according to a new survey of BC REALTORS®.
- 10 Jun 2015Gudrun Howards's Story
“Nothing else worked,” says Strata Council President Gudrun Howard speaking about her building’s choice to become 100% smoke‐free.
- 8 Jun 2015Chris Carlos' Story
“It’s nice to say it’s a health issue, but really it comes down to maintenance costs,” explained Chris Carlos, Property Manager for RE/MAX Property Management in Powell River.
- 1 Jun 2015Valerie Maundrell's Story
“I was determined not to live next to a smoker,” said Valerie Maundrell, a homeowner in South Surrey, BC, “so much so that my husband and I let go of an accepted offer on a beautiful new townhome when we found out a smoker lived next door.”
|« Previous||page 1 of 2||Next »|