- 31 May 2018Residents living in multi-unit housing want protection from second-hand tobacco and marijuana smoke: surveyAccording to a new survey of BC multi-unit housing residents commissioned by the Clean Air Coalition of BC, the majority of residents would support government measures to increase BC’s meagre stock of 100% smoke-free multi-unit housing.
- 7 Jun 2016JUNE IS SMOKE-FREE MULTI-UNIT HOUSING MONTH. The BC Lung Association and the Heart and Stroke Foundation, B.C. & Yukon. partners in the Clean Air Coalition, are calling upon the provincial government to enact legislative and regulatory measures to stimulate the supply of 100 percent smoke-free multi-unit housing.
- 7 Jun 2016Pitt Meadows father and condo owner wins protracted human rights battle to protect his family from second-hand smokeAfter 18 months of Strata Council meetings, Human Rights Tribunal mediation, research and legalities, Pitt Meadows condo owner Paulo Eusebio and his family are happy to report their apartment building has gone 100 percent smoke-free.
- 7 Jun 2016Vancouver condo owner frustrated by his strata management’s inaction on serious second-hand smoke issueWith paper thin walls, the sounds and smells in John’s Vancouver condominium drift easily from unit to unit. Included is the second-hand smoke that he and his partner contend with on a daily basis.
- 25 Jan 2015By Carly Weeks, The Globe and Mail Newspaper
Remember when restaurants had smoking sections? Or when going out to a bar inevitably meant coming home smelling like an ashtray, even if you never took a puff on a cigarette? Thankfully, those days are long over.
- 29 May 2014BC Clean Air Coalition News
YES, say smoke‐free housing advocates that include the BC Lung Association, the Heart and Stroke Foundation, supported by partners including the Condominium Homeowners' Association and Landlord BC. So eager are they to see more multi‐unit property owners and managers implementing 100 percent smoke‐free policies, they’ve made June Smoke‐Free Housing Month.
- 29 May 2014By Kirk Williams, CBC TV News
Smoke-free Housing BC has been pushing for a ban on smoking in buildings for 10 years, but advocates say the concept is starting to take off with more than 100 apartment buildings now entirely smoke-free.
- 15 Aug 2012BC Clean Air Coalition Update
The Heart and Stroke Foundation and the BC Lung Association have been working together under the Clean Air Coalition of BC banner for more than a decade. Our objective is to help combat the negative health effects of tobacco use and exposure to second-hand tobacco smoke. Read about what we've been up to lately.
- 31 May 2012BC Clean Air Coalition News
On the twenty-fifth anniversary of the World Health Organization’s World No Tobacco Day, the Heart and Stroke Foundation and the BC Lung Association have issued a Report Card to the Government of British Columbia on its current tobacco control efforts.
- 15 May 2012BC Clean Air Coalition Position Statement
Many British Columbians living in multi-unit dwellings including apartments,townhouses and condos are involuntarily exposed to a dangerous health hazard in their homes – second-hand tobacco smoke.