- 24 May 2018Late last week, Goldview Property Management, the company that runs OneEleven Condos in the King West neighbourhood of Toronto, informed its residents of new rules governing the use of cannabis in its building. Among them: no smoking or growing pot inside units. (Joe Fiorino/CBC)
- 7 Mar 2018The Town of Hampstead drew up a tough bylaw – and it's set to become the most restrictive anti-smoking measure in the country.
- 22 Feb 2018Health advocates are celebrating the BC government’s 2018 budget announcement increasing tobacco taxes. The Canadian Cancer Society, Heart and Stroke, and BC Lung Association are calling this decision a win for disease prevention.
- 21 Jan 2018This National Non-Smoking Week (January 21-27), the Clean Air Coalition of BC is recommending ways the provincial government can take action to prevent youth from smoking, help those most heavily addicted, and address increasingly complex smoking patterns.
- 2 Dec 2016Friday, December 2, 2016 - BC health advocates are commending the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) for its new ruling requiring all U.S. public housing agencies to implement smoke-free policies over the next 18 months. These policies are being implemented to protect the health of residents and apply to private units (including patios and balconies) as well as all common areas. Clean Air Coalition of BC partners (the BC Lung Association, Heart & Stroke, BC & Yukon and Canadian Cancer Society, BC and Yukon Division) urge the Province to follow HUD’s lead.
- 7 Jun 2016JUNE IS SMOKE-FREE MULTI-UNIT HOUSING MONTH. The BC Lung Association and the Heart and Stroke Foundation, B.C. & Yukon. partners in the Clean Air Coalition, are calling upon the provincial government to enact legislative and regulatory measures to stimulate the supply of 100 percent smoke-free multi-unit housing.
- 7 Jun 2016Pitt Meadows father and condo owner wins protracted human rights battle to protect his family from second-hand smokeAfter 18 months of Strata Council meetings, Human Rights Tribunal mediation, research and legalities, Pitt Meadows condo owner Paulo Eusebio and his family are happy to report their apartment building has gone 100 percent smoke-free.
- 7 Jun 2016The second-hand smoke drifting into Richard and his family’s back yard is so intense he hasn’t been able to let his kids play in their back yard for a year.
- 7 Jun 2016Vancouver condo owner frustrated by his strata management’s inaction on serious second-hand smoke issueWith paper thin walls, the sounds and smells in John’s Vancouver condominium drift easily from unit to unit. Included is the second-hand smoke that he and his partner contend with on a daily basis.
- 15 Jan 2016Canada’s Health Ministers are meeting in Vancouver during National Non-Smoking Week (January 17 to 23, 2016). To help protect youth from taking up smoking, the Heart and Stroke Foundation and the BC Lung Association are urging Canada’s Health Ministers to establish a national ban on menthol and other flavoured tobacco products.
|« Previous||page 1 of 3||Next »|