- 28 Jun 2019Nothing stops second-hand smoke says B.C. Clean Air Coalition
- 27 Jun 2019Neighbourly harmony can be a struggle when Co-op no smoking policies 'grandfather' existing tenants who smokeFive years ago, St. Andrew’s Place, a Co-op rental housing community in Mission, BC, decided they wanted to become a 100% smoke-free. Members of the Co-op began by voting in favour of an amendment to existing rules, and inserting a no-smoking policy.
- 26 Jun 2019More condo owners are losing patience with the British Columbia government when it comes to smokers in strata buildings.
- 25 Jun 2019Langley mom who campaigned for tougher anti-smoking laws applauds gesture but wants more. Naomi Baker thinks it’s fine that the provincial government declared the last week in June to be “Smoke-Free Multi-Unit Housing” week, but it would be even better if the government actually did something about the issue.
- 24 Jun 2019Health advocates await government action on unwanted second-hand smoke exposure in BC multi-unit housingFollowing the BC government’s recently proclaimed Smoke-Free Multi-Unit Housing week during June 24 to 30, 2019 -- the BC Lung Association, Heart and Stroke Foundation and Canadian Cancer Society, partners in the Clean Air Coalition of BC are asking the government to exercise its power to drive progress on the issue of unwanted exposure to second-hand smoke in BC rental and owned apartments, condominiums and townhome dwellings.
- 24 Jun 2019Immediately following moving into her new Victoria, BC condo in a 17-unit strata building, Mollie Kaye began renovations. Not long after, the smell of second-hand smoke became unbearable.
- 21 Jun 2019North Van condo owner starts neighbourly dialogue and succeeds in making his building 100% smoke-freeAnton Shendryk bought a suite at Whytecliff a few years ago, one of five buildings at Woodcroft Estates in North Vancouver. Soon after moving in, he found himself surrounded by second-hand tobacco smoke.
- 21 Jun 2019Vancouver renter - and her dogs - caught in battle with landlord unwilling to enforce her building’s no smoking policyQuille Kaddon lives in a Downtown Vancouver rental building on Comox Street. Since Kaddon began living there in 2011, the building has had a 100% no-smoking policy. Regardless of the policy, several tenants smoke and it appears the landlord is willing to do little if anything about it.
- 20 Jun 2019The Canadian Lung Association is very concerned by the findings in the new study conducted by Dr. David Hammond from the University of Waterloo, published in the British Medical Journal. The new study shows an alarming increase in the smoking and vaping rates among youth, signalling a clear need for immediate corrective action.